Shane Eli - Exclusive SXSW Interview
In mid-March, emerging artists and hip-hop heavyweights alike gathered in Austin, Texas for the 25th annual South by Southwest festival, which included an all-star showcase sponsored by DJBooth.net (Click here to read our exclusive, live-blogged SXSW coverage!). For the third in a series of interviews shot over the course of the week, DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel chops it up with Shane Eli, the L.A. up-and-comer and freestyle series alum who’s currently preparing to drop his DJBooth.net-presented I Can Do Better LP (due out in mid-April).
In this exclusive video interview, Shane Eli discusses his creative process, the formidable slate of collaborators appearing on his sophomore set, and how fellow L.A. rapper Ahmad connected him with Earth, Wind & Fire.
(Video presented by Pro Audio Star: http://www.proaudiostar.com. Check them out for hook-up prices on all the gear you need to DJ, make beats, record, and perform live.)View more from:
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)