Shane Eli - Exclusive SXSW Interview
In mid-March, emerging artists and hip-hop heavyweights alike gathered in Austin, Texas for the 25th annual South by Southwest festival, which included an all-star showcase sponsored by DJBooth.net (Click here to read our exclusive, live-blogged SXSW coverage!). For the third in a series of interviews shot over the course of the week, DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel chops it up with Shane Eli, the L.A. up-and-comer and freestyle series alum who’s currently preparing to drop his DJBooth.net-presented I Can Do Better LP (due out in mid-April).
In this exclusive video interview, Shane Eli discusses his creative process, the formidable slate of collaborators appearing on his sophomore set, and how fellow L.A. rapper Ahmad connected him with Earth, Wind & Fire.
(Video presented by Pro Audio Star: http://www.proaudiostar.com. Check them out for hook-up prices on all the gear you need to DJ, make beats, record, and perform live.)View more from:
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.