Shane Eli - Exclusive SXSW Interview
In mid-March, emerging artists and hip-hop heavyweights alike gathered in Austin, Texas for the 25th annual South by Southwest festival, which included an all-star showcase sponsored by DJBooth.net (Click here to read our exclusive, live-blogged SXSW coverage!). For the third in a series of interviews shot over the course of the week, DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel chops it up with Shane Eli, the L.A. up-and-comer and freestyle series alum who’s currently preparing to drop his DJBooth.net-presented I Can Do Better LP (due out in mid-April).
In this exclusive video interview, Shane Eli discusses his creative process, the formidable slate of collaborators appearing on his sophomore set, and how fellow L.A. rapper Ahmad connected him with Earth, Wind & Fire.
(Video presented by Pro Audio Star: http://www.proaudiostar.com. Check them out for hook-up prices on all the gear you need to DJ, make beats, record, and perform live.)View more from:
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)