Rittz & DJ Burn One: Exclusive SXSW Video Interview (Part 2)
In mid-March, emerging artists and hip-hop heavyweights alike gathered in Austin, Texas for the 25th annual South by Southwest festival, which included an all-star showcase sponsored by DJBooth.net (Click here to read our exclusive, live-blogged SXSW coverage!). For the second in a series of interviews shot over the course of the week, DJBoothTV‘s own Jesse Hagen chops it up with Slumerican emcee Rittz and production partner DJ Burn One, who recently teamed up for the DJBooth-sponsored White Jesus mixtape.
In the second of their two exclusive video interviews (click here to see part one), Rittz and Burn One discuss the former’s struggles to find a producer who matched his style, the essential elements of the Southern sound and their collaborative process.
Credits: Interview by Jesse Hagen, video by Scheme Engine.View more from:
DJ Burn One
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.