Marsha Ambrosius Sits Down With DJBoothTV for Exclusive Interview (Video)
Throughout the early-to-mid 2000s, Marsha Ambrosius was a staple of the urban music game, melding hip-hop, neo-soul and poetry as one-half of duo Floetry (co-founded with Natalie Dee). While the Liverpool-born singer-songwriter has been flying under the radar since the group’s 2007 dissolution, concentrating her efforts on a handful of well-received street albums, she was by no means done with the mainstream – she was simply waiting till the time was ripe to make her grand re-entrance. Now, that moment has nearly come. On Late Nights and Early Mornings, “The Songstress” is back like she never left, showcasing a “sensual, sincere and seductive” sound sure to resonate with today’s R&B listeners. Complete with Booth-approved lead single “Hope She Cheats on You (With a Basketball Player)”, the project is set to drop March 1 via J Records
In the exclusive video interview below, Marsha Ambrosius sits down with DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel to discuss the genesis of the album’s title, her creative control over the project, and how she managed to enlist the elusive Lauryn Hill on the songwriting tip.View more from:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.