Gees Extortion - My City
In the latest of our sister site RefinedHype’s ongoing “My City” series, up-and-coming rhyme-spitter Gees Extortion takes us on a personal tour of his neighborhood. From the best empanadas spot to Coney Island to how he incorporates his Puerto Rican heritage into his music, this is a look at Brooklyn through the eyes of a hip-hop native.
Be sure to keep an eye out for his Organized Rhymes: The Original Mixtape LP, set to drop October 25 right here on DJBooth.View more from:
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.