Gees Extortion - My City
In the latest of our sister site RefinedHype’s ongoing “My City” series, up-and-coming rhyme-spitter Gees Extortion takes us on a personal tour of his neighborhood. From the best empanadas spot to Coney Island to how he incorporates his Puerto Rican heritage into his music, this is a look at Brooklyn through the eyes of a hip-hop native.
Be sure to keep an eye out for his Organized Rhymes: The Original Mixtape LP, set to drop October 25 right here on DJBooth.View more from:
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.