DJBoothTV Sits Down With “Hope They Hear Me” Author Dee-1
A New Orleans native with plenty to say and the skills to get heads’ attention, Dee-1 introduced himself to the Booth by offering some constructive criticism to rap’s reigning heavyweights on mixtape single “Jay, 50 and Weezy.” His perspective evidently resonated with readers, as the cut was voted Best Hip-Hop Record of 2010 (Underground/Unsigned) in this past January’s Best of the Booth Awards. Now, the up-and-comer’s hooked up with DJBooth.net to release I Hope They Hear Me Vol. 2, his first album-length collection of all-original material. Featuring “Jay 50, and Weezy” as well as acclaimed leaks “It’s My Turn” and “Ridin’ by Myself,” the project is available here for free streaming and download!
In the exclusive video interview below, Dee-1 sits down with DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel to discuss what fans can expect from his latest project, his surprising pre-rap employment history, and whether the subjects of his Booth debut have gotten the message.
Video by Pro Audio Star, Brooklyn’s number one source for pro audio and dj equipment. For more, visit ProAudioStar.com.View more from:
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.