Big Sean Celebrates His Rising Icon Status
As if becoming finally famous, having a gold single, headlining tour and legions of fans isn’t enough, Big Sean was recently crowned a rising icon. To celebrate, the G.O.O.D. Music protégé took over New York’s Good Units at The Hudson Hotel and commanded the crowd’s attention as he performed I Do It, Ass and Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay. Neither Chris nor Kanye were present, but even better Sean’s mom and brother were at his side.
Also in attendance was Atlanta-based MC Future and R&B crooner Miguel, who warmed up the stage with All I Want Is You prior to the Detroit rapper’s arrival. The three artists were among past honorees including Marsha Ambrosius and Ryan Leslie who enjoyed passed hors d’ oeuvres and specialty cocktails a la Grey Goose.
Not a bad a bad way to kick off the third season if you ask me.
Props to the homie Rome!View more from:
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.