Audra the Rapper - Exclusive SXSW Interview
In mid-March, emerging artists and hip-hop heavyweights alike gathered in Austin, Texas for the 25th annual South by Southwest festival, which included an all-star showcase sponsored by DJBooth.net (Click here to read our exclusive, live-blogged SXSW coverage!). For the fifth in a series of interviews shot over the course of the week, DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel chops it up with Audra the Rapper, a Virginia femcee recently signed to Rick Ross’ Maybach Music label.
In the exclusive video interview, Audra discusses her Lauryn Hill-influenced street album, The Miseducation of Audra, her thrift-store style, and just how accommodating Ross has been regarding her school schedule at ODU.
(Video presented by Pro Audio Star: http://www.proaudiostar.com. Check them out for hook-up prices on all the gear you need to DJ, make beats, record, and perform live.)View more from:
Audra the Rapper
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.