I am not sure about ZuP’s literary tastes, but after listening to current single, it might not be a stretch to assume he has read 50 Shades Of Grey. Making his Booth debut with Submissive, the Cleveland native confesses to being wrapped around the finger of a sexy blond girl. Producer Phenom composes a slick beat, which sounds like it was inspired by a 70’s buddy cop/action flick. As the beat struts ZuP showcases his unique vocals, combining a raspy, R&B singing voice with just a tad bit of hip-hop, resulting in an interesting blend of styles that fit the production to a T. Submissive can be found on ZuP’s Room To Grow LP, set to drop in January. If you need more now, you can check out DJ Swerve’s ZuP-featured tune NOWHERE2GO.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.