Some rappers desire luxurious cars, a mansion full of foreign chicks and endorsements for days. But for Cleveland artist ZuP, all he’s ever wanted was a baby to call his own. Since his last Booth appearance in January, with The Blvd, ZuP has switched gears and bravely lets us into his dream to be a father. On his latest single, Blue Lines, ZuP details the whole story, starting with only seeing a single blue line on one of his wife’s mant pregnancy tests. We could tell you rest but we’ll let ZuP do that with his visual narrative. The emotional story centered around the tug of war between hope and frustration is only heightened by the cry to God for answers from guest country singer Mark Leach and the dreamy production work of Mik3O. ZuP admits to have come to terms with his unfortunate circumstances in his own way, and he wants to show you that you can too. Blue Lines will find a home on ZuP’s upcoming EP, which is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by Bryan H on 04/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.