Some rappers desire luxurious cars, a mansion full of foreign chicks and endorsements for days. But for Cleveland artist ZuP, all he’s ever wanted was a baby to call his own. Since his last Booth appearance in January, with The Blvd, ZuP has switched gears and bravely lets us into his dream to be a father. On his latest single, Blue Lines, ZuP details the whole story, starting with only seeing a single blue line on one of his wife’s mant pregnancy tests. We could tell you rest but we’ll let ZuP do that with his visual narrative. The emotional story centered around the tug of war between hope and frustration is only heightened by the cry to God for answers from guest country singer Mark Leach and the dreamy production work of Mik3O. ZuP admits to have come to terms with his unfortunate circumstances in his own way, and he wants to show you that you can too. Blue Lines will find a home on ZuP’s upcoming EP, which is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by Bryan H on 04/20/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.