What’s the only thing better than one dope emcee? Two dopes emcees, and if there’s a world video premiere involved as well? All the better. For his new flick Shooting Down Stars, Zumo Kollie grabs a beat from producer Jeff Gore that’s as driving as it is hypnotic, giving the Rhode Island emcee a dopely blank canvas to paint a picture of the often tragic downside of fame. It’s a topic King Mez addressed on his My Everlasting Zeal album as well, and does so again with verbally and conceptually intricate bars. If you’d like to help elevare Kollie’s star, be sure to grab a copy of Zumo’s Elegant A.D.D. Vol. 1: The Free Thinker album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Times of Our Lives" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.