What’s the only thing better than one dope emcee? Two dopes emcees, and if there’s a world video premiere involved as well? All the better. For his new flick Shooting Down Stars, Zumo Kollie grabs a beat from producer Jeff Gore that’s as driving as it is hypnotic, giving the Rhode Island emcee a dopely blank canvas to paint a picture of the often tragic downside of fame. It’s a topic King Mez addressed on his My Everlasting Zeal album as well, and does so again with verbally and conceptually intricate bars. If you’d like to help elevare Kollie’s star, be sure to grab a copy of Zumo’s Elegant A.D.D. Vol. 1: The Free Thinker album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Times of Our Lives" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.