What’s the only thing better than one dope emcee? Two dopes emcees, and if there’s a world video premiere involved as well? All the better. For his new flick Shooting Down Stars, Zumo Kollie grabs a beat from producer Jeff Gore that’s as driving as it is hypnotic, giving the Rhode Island emcee a dopely blank canvas to paint a picture of the often tragic downside of fame. It’s a topic King Mez addressed on his My Everlasting Zeal album as well, and does so again with verbally and conceptually intricate bars. If you’d like to help elevare Kollie’s star, be sure to grab a copy of Zumo’s Elegant A.D.D. Vol. 1: The Free Thinker album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Times of Our Lives" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.