They say that in the Bay they do things a little different, and if the hip-hop that comes out of the Northern California region is any indication, that saying has a lot of truth to it. Just take Zumbi, one half of the always fresh duo Zion I, and his new track Infinite. While Lee Bannon drops a beat that echoes with spacey synths and hazy production, Zumbi drops a flow that crashes into and then withdraws from the track with abstract lines that are still rooted in the streets: “For the lost souls, cold at the crossroads, we in the changeover, get ya heart warm.” I think it’s safe to say you don’t hear music like this every day, but will Booth readers find it too left field for their liking? I anxiously await their response. Infinite is off Zumbi’s fantastically titled upcoming mixtape The Science of Breath (Vol. 4), set to drop November, 24.
Listen to More: Zumbi (of Zion I) Written by Nathan S.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.