They say that in the Bay they do things a little different, and if the hip-hop that comes out of the Northern California region is any indication, that saying has a lot of truth to it. Just take Zumbi, one half of the always fresh duo Zion I, and his new track Infinite. While Lee Bannon drops a beat that echoes with spacey synths and hazy production, Zumbi drops a flow that crashes into and then withdraws from the track with abstract lines that are still rooted in the streets: “For the lost souls, cold at the crossroads, we in the changeover, get ya heart warm.” I think it’s safe to say you don’t hear music like this every day, but will Booth readers find it too left field for their liking? I anxiously await their response. Infinite is off Zumbi’s fantastically titled upcoming mixtape The Science of Breath (Vol. 4), set to drop November, 24.
Listen to More: Zumbi (of Zion I)
Written by Nathan S. on 10/21/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.