They say that in the Bay they do things a little different, and if the hip-hop that comes out of the Northern California region is any indication, that saying has a lot of truth to it. Just take Zumbi, one half of the always fresh duo Zion I, and his new track Infinite. While Lee Bannon drops a beat that echoes with spacey synths and hazy production, Zumbi drops a flow that crashes into and then withdraws from the track with abstract lines that are still rooted in the streets: “For the lost souls, cold at the crossroads, we in the changeover, get ya heart warm.” I think it’s safe to say you don’t hear music like this every day, but will Booth readers find it too left field for their liking? I anxiously await their response. Infinite is off Zumbi’s fantastically titled upcoming mixtape The Science of Breath (Vol. 4), set to drop November, 24.
Listen to More: Zumbi (of Zion I) Written by Nathan S.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!