They say that in the Bay they do things a little different, and if the hip-hop that comes out of the Northern California region is any indication, that saying has a lot of truth to it. Just take Zumbi, one half of the always fresh duo Zion I, and his new track Infinite. While Lee Bannon drops a beat that echoes with spacey synths and hazy production, Zumbi drops a flow that crashes into and then withdraws from the track with abstract lines that are still rooted in the streets: “For the lost souls, cold at the crossroads, we in the changeover, get ya heart warm.” I think it’s safe to say you don’t hear music like this every day, but will Booth readers find it too left field for their liking? I anxiously await their response. Infinite is off Zumbi’s fantastically titled upcoming mixtape The Science of Breath (Vol. 4), set to drop November, 24.
Listen to More: Zumbi (of Zion I)
Written by Nathan S. on 10/21/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.