They say that in the Bay they do things a little different, and if the hip-hop that comes out of the Northern California region is any indication, that saying has a lot of truth to it. Just take Zumbi, one half of the always fresh duo Zion I, and his new track Infinite. While Lee Bannon drops a beat that echoes with spacey synths and hazy production, Zumbi drops a flow that crashes into and then withdraws from the track with abstract lines that are still rooted in the streets: “For the lost souls, cold at the crossroads, we in the changeover, get ya heart warm.” I think it’s safe to say you don’t hear music like this every day, but will Booth readers find it too left field for their liking? I anxiously await their response. Infinite is off Zumbi’s fantastically titled upcoming mixtape The Science of Breath (Vol. 4), set to drop November, 24.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/21/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.