Zumbi, one-half of Oakland, CA hip-hop duo Zion I, has stepped into the Booth to bring readers the sixth entry in our ongoing DJBooth.net Freestyle Series. If The Riot, which features an industry instrumental by Just Blaze, leaves you hungry for more, then you’re in luck; The Takeover, Zion I’s sixth studio album, drops Tuesday (the 17th). In addition, Zumbi and AmpLive are currently preparing for this week’s launch of their DJ DJ Remix Contest, which will reward three winning entrants with prizes including placement on Zion I web pages and mixes, rare merchandise, and autographed discographies.
Written by richard on 02/15/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.