New single Come may be Zodiac‘s first headlining feature in the Booth, but his style should immediately ring a bell for anyone who’s followed urban music over the last year and a half. That’s right: he’s the producer whose haunting, intricately-textured style helped to define the sound of The Weeknd‘s House of Balloons. Hard as it may seem to separate the 23-year-old producer’s distinctive style from Mr. Tesfaye’s voice, Jesse Boykins III proves an equally natural complement to his sound, lacing this record’s reversed-synth backdrop with the same restrained, but ear-grabbing vocals that made his previous Booth features so intriguing. This hedonistic R&B burner is just the beginning of the fresh material slated to appear on Zodiac’s self-titled EP, which drops digitally September 24.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.