New single Come may be Zodiac‘s first headlining feature in the Booth, but his style should immediately ring a bell for anyone who’s followed urban music over the last year and a half. That’s right: he’s the producer whose haunting, intricately-textured style helped to define the sound of The Weeknd‘s House of Balloons. Hard as it may seem to separate the 23-year-old producer’s distinctive style from Mr. Tesfaye’s voice, Jesse Boykins III proves an equally natural complement to his sound, lacing this record’s reversed-synth backdrop with the same restrained, but ear-grabbing vocals that made his previous Booth features so intriguing. This hedonistic R&B burner is just the beginning of the fresh material slated to appear on Zodiac’s self-titled EP, which drops digitally September 24.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.