New single Come may be Zodiac‘s first headlining feature in the Booth, but his style should immediately ring a bell for anyone who’s followed urban music over the last year and a half. That’s right: he’s the producer whose haunting, intricately-textured style helped to define the sound of The Weeknd‘s House of Balloons. Hard as it may seem to separate the 23-year-old producer’s distinctive style from Mr. Tesfaye’s voice, Jesse Boykins III proves an equally natural complement to his sound, lacing this record’s reversed-synth backdrop with the same restrained, but ear-grabbing vocals that made his previous Booth features so intriguing. This hedonistic R&B burner is just the beginning of the fresh material slated to appear on Zodiac’s self-titled EP, which drops digitally September 24.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.