New single Come may be Zodiac‘s first headlining feature in the Booth, but his style should immediately ring a bell for anyone who’s followed urban music over the last year and a half. That’s right: he’s the producer whose haunting, intricately-textured style helped to define the sound of The Weeknd‘s House of Balloons. Hard as it may seem to separate the 23-year-old producer’s distinctive style from Mr. Tesfaye’s voice, Jesse Boykins III proves an equally natural complement to his sound, lacing this record’s reversed-synth backdrop with the same restrained, but ear-grabbing vocals that made his previous Booth features so intriguing. This hedonistic R&B burner is just the beginning of the fresh material slated to appear on Zodiac’s self-titled EP, which drops digitally September 24.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.