Been yearning for some silky-smooth, jazz/R&B goodness from a fresh face whose stage name includes unnecessary punctuation? Well, Tonight May Be the Night your oddly specific dream comes true; for your listening pleasure, multi-instrumentalist/producer Zo! has stepped into the Booth with the lead single off his forthcoming full-length. In addition to a lush beat by the Maryland native (who plays every single instrument on the track. Every. Single. Instrument.), this cut boasts an embarrassment of riches on the guest tip. Not only do singers Eric Roberson and Darien Brockington lace the joint with a double-helping of soulful crooning, Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh chimes in on the back end with a brief but wittily seductive guest verse, describing a ritzy night on the dance floor with his girl. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find plenty more from the insanely-versatile Zo! and his high-caliber connects on the artist’s SunStorms LP, scheduled to hit record store shelves and online retailers July 27.
Written by richard on 07/1/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.