Been yearning for some silky-smooth, jazz/R&B goodness from a fresh face whose stage name includes unnecessary punctuation? Well, Tonight May Be the Night your oddly specific dream comes true; for your listening pleasure, multi-instrumentalist/producer Zo! has stepped into the Booth with the lead single off his forthcoming full-length. In addition to a lush beat by the Maryland native (who plays every single instrument on the track. Every. Single. Instrument.), this cut boasts an embarrassment of riches on the guest tip. Not only do singers Eric Roberson and Darien Brockington lace the joint with a double-helping of soulful crooning, Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh chimes in on the back end with a brief but wittily seductive guest verse, describing a ritzy night on the dance floor with his girl. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find plenty more from the insanely-versatile Zo! and his high-caliber connects on the artist’s SunStorms LP, scheduled to hit record store shelves and online retailers July 27.
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.