Been yearning for some silky-smooth, jazz/R&B goodness from a fresh face whose stage name includes unnecessary punctuation? Well, Tonight May Be the Night your oddly specific dream comes true; for your listening pleasure, multi-instrumentalist/producer Zo! has stepped into the Booth with the lead single off his forthcoming full-length. In addition to a lush beat by the Maryland native (who plays every single instrument on the track. Every. Single. Instrument.), this cut boasts an embarrassment of riches on the guest tip. Not only do singers Eric Roberson and Darien Brockington lace the joint with a double-helping of soulful crooning, Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh chimes in on the back end with a brief but wittily seductive guest verse, describing a ritzy night on the dance floor with his girl. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find plenty more from the insanely-versatile Zo! and his high-caliber connects on the artist’s SunStorms LP, scheduled to hit record store shelves and online retailers July 27.
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.