While DJBooth Freestyle alum and group member Zumbi has appeared on our pages more recently (see Infinite), it’s incredibly been almost two years since we’ve featured a new record from the Bay Area duo Zion I. So what have emcee Zumbi and producer Amp Live been up to since we last heard them sipping on some Juicy Juice? Simple – working on their Many Stylez. In contrast to some of their more trunk-rattling past work, new single Stylez finds Amp taking a musical trip to the islands on a reggae soaked beat that Zumbi only enhances with some uplifting and supremely mellowed out flows: “Bout to share this love of mine / Lose the color line, fall in love with the one divine / I hear it callin’ only one can shine.” Throw in a guest verse from newcomer Rebelution and you’ve got hip-hop versatility at its finest. For more precise rhymes and feel good vibes be sure to check out the duo’s heavily reggae and dub influenced album Atomic Clock, set to be released November 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Lose Ya Head ft. Too Short" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.