While DJBooth Freestyle alum and group member Zumbi has appeared on our pages more recently (see Infinite), it’s incredibly been almost two years since we’ve featured a new record from the Bay Area duo Zion I. So what have emcee Zumbi and producer Amp Live been up to since we last heard them sipping on some Juicy Juice? Simple – working on their Many Stylez. In contrast to some of their more trunk-rattling past work, new single Stylez finds Amp taking a musical trip to the islands on a reggae soaked beat that Zumbi only enhances with some uplifting and supremely mellowed out flows: “Bout to share this love of mine / Lose the color line, fall in love with the one divine / I hear it callin’ only one can shine.” Throw in a guest verse from newcomer Rebelution and you’ve got hip-hop versatility at its finest. For more precise rhymes and feel good vibes be sure to check out the duo’s heavily reggae and dub influenced album Atomic Clock, set to be released November 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Lose Ya Head ft. Too Short" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)