While DJBooth Freestyle alum and group member Zumbi has appeared on our pages more recently (see Infinite), it’s incredibly been almost two years since we’ve featured a new record from the Bay Area duo Zion I. So what have emcee Zumbi and producer Amp Live been up to since we last heard them sipping on some Juicy Juice? Simple – working on their Many Stylez. In contrast to some of their more trunk-rattling past work, new single Stylez finds Amp taking a musical trip to the islands on a reggae soaked beat that Zumbi only enhances with some uplifting and supremely mellowed out flows: “Bout to share this love of mine / Lose the color line, fall in love with the one divine / I hear it callin’ only one can shine.” Throw in a guest verse from newcomer Rebelution and you’ve got hip-hop versatility at its finest. For more precise rhymes and feel good vibes be sure to check out the duo’s heavily reggae and dub influenced album Atomic Clock, set to be released November 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Lose Ya Head ft. Too Short" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.