On their current single, Vicious Cycle, Zimbabwe Legit has sought out to remind the entire world of Africans’ daily struggles. Off their current album, House of Stone, a very worthwhile project that landed in stores earlier this year, Zimbabwe Legit and cohorts YZ and Emskee provide some pearls of wisdom in regard to how to break the cycle of ignorance that seems to plague the less fortunate places of the world. While the trio believes that “it’s what it is and it what it always will be,” they also stress the importance of positivism and promote awareness over a dope beat courtesy of The Saint. Though the subject matter of Vicious Cycle might not rank as relevant to some, given America’s current state of affairs, a walk inside the House of Stone will show you what all the fuss is about.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/16/08
Submit your Rating
pH MUSIC/RedLine Music Distribution
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.