At first blush, a Stormy Monday sounds like the worst thing in the world; it’s bad enough that it’s Monday, but rain too? Damn. Zilla Rocca & The Shadowboxers’ latest single, however, is one Stormy Monday I am happy about. In addition to rocking the mic, Has-Lo also mans the boards, crafting a grainy, Spanish guitar-inspired beat serving as the backbone of this liquor-doused cut. While there is plenty of talk of ladies and booze, this isn’t your average party anthem; it’s more like a glass of scotch while reading the Wall Street Journal. The aforementioned emcees, along with Bronx-repping guest The Kid Daytona, each showcase their grimy lyrical stylings over the finessed beat. Like last month’s Young Blood, Stormy Monday will appear on No Vacation for Murder, which has yet to receive an official release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
Three Dollar Pistol Music/World Around Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full Spectrum 2" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.