At first blush, a Stormy Monday sounds like the worst thing in the world; it’s bad enough that it’s Monday, but rain too? Damn. Zilla Rocca & The Shadowboxers’ latest single, however, is one Stormy Monday I am happy about. In addition to rocking the mic, Has-Lo also mans the boards, crafting a grainy, Spanish guitar-inspired beat serving as the backbone of this liquor-doused cut. While there is plenty of talk of ladies and booze, this isn’t your average party anthem; it’s more like a glass of scotch while reading the Wall Street Journal. The aforementioned emcees, along with Bronx-repping guest The Kid Daytona, each showcase their grimy lyrical stylings over the finessed beat. Like last month’s Young Blood, Stormy Monday will appear on No Vacation for Murder, which has yet to receive an official release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
Three Dollar Pistol Music/World Around Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full Spectrum 2" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.