At first blush, a Stormy Monday sounds like the worst thing in the world; it’s bad enough that it’s Monday, but rain too? Damn. Zilla Rocca & The Shadowboxers’ latest single, however, is one Stormy Monday I am happy about. In addition to rocking the mic, Has-Lo also mans the boards, crafting a grainy, Spanish guitar-inspired beat serving as the backbone of this liquor-doused cut. While there is plenty of talk of ladies and booze, this isn’t your average party anthem; it’s more like a glass of scotch while reading the Wall Street Journal. The aforementioned emcees, along with Bronx-repping guest The Kid Daytona, each showcase their grimy lyrical stylings over the finessed beat. Like last month’s Young Blood, Stormy Monday will appear on No Vacation for Murder, which has yet to receive an official release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
Three Dollar Pistol Music/World Around Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full Spectrum 2" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.