Over the years, we’ve featured tracks by a number of reggae legend Bob Marley’s musical progeny; Julian, Damian, Ky-Mani and Stephen have each appeared at least once on our pages. Today, a fifth member of the clan makes his grand entrance into the Booth. On FLY RASTA, the latest single and title track off his next studio album, David “Ziggy” Marley expresses his faith in Jah and his dedication to the Rastifari way of life, peppering his lyrics with references to the movement’s rites and traditions (“Take the Vow of Separation / Let no razor come upon your head.”). The headliner handles production as well as mic duties, backing his and guest artist U-Roy‘s pious verses with a sprightly, brass-fortified reggae groove. In the accompany visuals, Marijuanaman graphic artist Jim Mahfood creates a canvas inspired by the cut. Craving more? Then be sure to cop FLY RASTA (the LP) on April 15, when it hits record stores and online retailers via Tuff Gong Worldwide.
Written by richard on 03/21/14
Submit your Rating
Tuff Gong Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coolin' in the Streets" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.