Over the years, we’ve featured tracks by a number of reggae legend Bob Marley’s musical progeny; Julian, Damian, Ky-Mani and Stephen have each appeared at least once on our pages. Today, a fifth member of the clan makes his grand entrance into the Booth. On FLY RASTA, the latest single and title track off his next studio album, David “Ziggy” Marley expresses his faith in Jah and his dedication to the Rastifari way of life, peppering his lyrics with references to the movement’s rites and traditions (“Take the Vow of Separation / Let no razor come upon your head.”). The headliner handles production as well as mic duties, backing his and guest artist U-Roy‘s pious verses with a sprightly, brass-fortified reggae groove. In the accompany visuals, Marijuanaman graphic artist Jim Mahfood creates a canvas inspired by the cut. Craving more? Then be sure to cop FLY RASTA (the LP) on April 15, when it hits record stores and online retailers via Tuff Gong Worldwide.
Written by richard on 03/21/14
Submit your Rating
Tuff Gong Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coolin' in the Streets" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.