We all have those days where no matter how hard we try, everything turns to s**t, and for most of us it usually comes early in the week. Even though today is Friday, where many of us are footloose and fancy free, for zHUNDRED Friday sounds an awful lot like Monday. On Tricks On Me, the ATL crooner shares his not-so-sound state of mind in hopes it will cure what ails him. Veteran producer KE On The Track cooks up an understated beat, with a whurring effect and dripping synth, that allows zHUNDRED to moderately shine. The artist’s mind might not be right, but his voice is as fresh as ever, sharing his troubles with a passionate, high-pitched vocal that echoes the emotion of the content. Tricks On Me is not currently attached to anything larger, but for more tunes please refer back to his last DJBooth feature, October’s Nobody Gotta Know.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)