We all have those days where no matter how hard we try, everything turns to s**t, and for most of us it usually comes early in the week. Even though today is Friday, where many of us are footloose and fancy free, for zHUNDRED Friday sounds an awful lot like Monday. On Tricks On Me, the ATL crooner shares his not-so-sound state of mind in hopes it will cure what ails him. Veteran producer KE On The Track cooks up an understated beat, with a whurring effect and dripping synth, that allows zHUNDRED to moderately shine. The artist’s mind might not be right, but his voice is as fresh as ever, sharing his troubles with a passionate, high-pitched vocal that echoes the emotion of the content. Tricks On Me is not currently attached to anything larger, but for more tunes please refer back to his last DJBooth feature, October’s Nobody Gotta Know.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.