With the country currently crippled by a serious heatwave we could all use a breezy, cool new cut. Thankfully DJBooth newcomer ZEEQ comes through with summery new jam Pour Me a Cup, a humming new release driven by an eclectic beat from producer Soul Chef that’s part salsa, part hip-hop and all dope. It’s an instrumental that allows the NYC emcee to demonstrate both his complex wordplay and his penchant for just laying back and, well, downing a few cups of special liquid. For more
cool music from ZEEQ, freely download his Free Time album, released on June 23.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)