With the country currently crippled by a serious heatwave we could all use a breezy, cool new cut. Thankfully DJBooth newcomer ZEEQ comes through with summery new jam Pour Me a Cup, a humming new release driven by an eclectic beat from producer Soul Chef that’s part salsa, part hip-hop and all dope. It’s an instrumental that allows the NYC emcee to demonstrate both his complex wordplay and his penchant for just laying back and, well, downing a few cups of special liquid. For more
cool music from ZEEQ, freely download his Free Time album, released on June 23.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.