Nothing separates the pretenders from the true artists like a live performance. I’ve watched “hot” artists lose their buzz in minutes with a wack show, and I’ve seen complete unknowns win lifetime fans by proving they can truly Rock the Show. Here to prove he belongs in the latter category is newcomer Zak Downtown, a young emcee from New York City’s downtown (specifically) making his The DJBooth debut with the bouncing Show. Producer TGIK sets an appropriately live mood by adding crowd noise to an instantly enjoyable and bouncing beat, but it’s the headliner’s optimistically ambitious rhymes that will truly get the crowd moving: “To take over the world, I know it takes time / but they hearin bout me now through the grapevine.” Throw in some vocal assistance from Hoodie Allen and you’ve got a record that will spark the best time of your life (or so the duo claim). So how about it DJBooth Nation? Does this one have you throwing your hands in the air? If so you’ll definitely want to check out Zak’s upcoming mixtape, Downtown Delinquents, due to drop on Thursday, December 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bad Man's World" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)