Ladies, I hope you’re having a good day, because it’s about to get even better. Zak Downtown and Donnis are looking for a Girl Like You. Yes, you…well, provided you’re the kind of girl who can shake your booty like a jackhammer. For his latest release (and DJBooth world premiere) Downtown hits the clubs hard alongside DJ Fresh Direct, who chops and loops Edwyn Collins’ ‘90s track of the same name to head-nodding effect. It’s the perfect template for Catch Me creator Downtown to drop some unapologetically ass-centric rhymes, settlements echoed by Fools Gold representer Donnis in an equally seductive guest verse. We’ve never known a track quite like this before, and we can expect more unexpectedly dope hip-hop from Downtown’s Always Down August series leading up to his Always Down Vol. 1 mixtape, arriving on our pages August 29.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.