Ladies, I hope you’re having a good day, because it’s about to get even better. Zak Downtown and Donnis are looking for a Girl Like You. Yes, you…well, provided you’re the kind of girl who can shake your booty like a jackhammer. For his latest release (and DJBooth world premiere) Downtown hits the clubs hard alongside DJ Fresh Direct, who chops and loops Edwyn Collins’ ‘90s track of the same name to head-nodding effect. It’s the perfect template for Catch Me creator Downtown to drop some unapologetically ass-centric rhymes, settlements echoed by Fools Gold representer Donnis in an equally seductive guest verse. We’ve never known a track quite like this before, and we can expect more unexpectedly dope hip-hop from Downtown’s Always Down August series leading up to his Always Down Vol. 1 mixtape, arriving on our pages August 29.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.