Zak Downtown’s new Don’t Blow My High might share a title with Kendrick’s Section.80 standout, but that is about all they share. While K.Dot’s DBMH is a kushed out, Bun B/Aaliyah sampled effort, Downtown’s version is more Kendrick on crack; frenzied, energetic and perfect for putting in twerk at the club. Downtown spits over TNGHT’s epic electronic cut Higher Ground, which boasts a thunderous synth eerily similar to Pharoahe Monch’s Simon Says. The chaotic beat might scare off your average emcee, but Downtown and guest Murda Mook, of Ruff Ryders fam, aren’t fazed, igniting the beat with their explosive, brash flows. This cut is not attached to a larger release, but Zak will soon be seen performing it live (you think its energetic now, imagine it live) at club gigs around the country. He is also planning on releasing more remixes as he crafts his latest EP, so be prepared for more face-melting cuts very soon.
Update: We have added the Gordo-directed visuals for Zak Downtown’s Don’t Blow My High single.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.