All good things must come to an end… right? While that maxim does indeed apply to Zak Downtown‘s Always Down August series, it seems that he may have found a loophole in the romantic arena. On Do It Forever the final entry in the month-long string of releases, the NYC buzzmaker recounts how a casual fling left him and the woman in question wondering if they might not be able to keep that spark going for the foreseeable. With the snycopated synths and chopped vocal samples of Baauer‘s Samurai as his backdrop, the artist marvels at just how fly he and his lady (modeled after supermodel Kate Upton—a GQ profile of whom inspired the record) look together. Always Down August is over, but fans will be able to pick up all four records as part of forthcoming, DJBooth-exclusive mini-mixtape Always Down Vol. 1. To celebrate the project’s August 29, release, the artist will be holding a release party Sept. 4, at The Studio @ Webster Hall. Tickets to the event, which will include DJ sets by TJ Mizell, Silver Medallion, Julian Cavin and Spadez, are available here.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.