All good things must come to an end… right? While that maxim does indeed apply to Zak Downtown‘s Always Down August series, it seems that he may have found a loophole in the romantic arena. On Do It Forever the final entry in the month-long string of releases, the NYC buzzmaker recounts how a casual fling left him and the woman in question wondering if they might not be able to keep that spark going for the foreseeable. With the snycopated synths and chopped vocal samples of Baauer‘s Samurai as his backdrop, the artist marvels at just how fly he and his lady (modeled after supermodel Kate Upton—a GQ profile of whom inspired the record) look together. Always Down August is over, but fans will be able to pick up all four records as part of forthcoming, DJBooth-exclusive mini-mixtape Always Down Vol. 1. To celebrate the project’s August 29, release, the artist will be holding a release party Sept. 4, at The Studio @ Webster Hall. Tickets to the event, which will include DJ sets by TJ Mizell, Silver Medallion, Julian Cavin and Spadez, are available here.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.