All good things must come to an end… right? While that maxim does indeed apply to Zak Downtown‘s Always Down August series, it seems that he may have found a loophole in the romantic arena. On Do It Forever the final entry in the month-long string of releases, the NYC buzzmaker recounts how a casual fling left him and the woman in question wondering if they might not be able to keep that spark going for the foreseeable. With the snycopated synths and chopped vocal samples of Baauer‘s Samurai as his backdrop, the artist marvels at just how fly he and his lady (modeled after supermodel Kate Upton—a GQ profile of whom inspired the record) look together. Always Down August is over, but fans will be able to pick up all four records as part of forthcoming, DJBooth-exclusive mini-mixtape Always Down Vol. 1. To celebrate the project’s August 29, release, the artist will be holding a release party Sept. 4, at The Studio @ Webster Hall. Tickets to the event, which will include DJ sets by TJ Mizell, Silver Medallion, Julian Cavin and Spadez, are available here.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)