After Zak Downtown dropped off Don’t Blow My High back in March, we didn’t hear a peep from him for the rest of 2013. But that doesn’t mean the NYC rhymesayer’s been slacking off in the meantime. Just the opposite: in his own words, he spent the summer and fall “recording mixtape material, shooting videos and starting his first EP.” With that preparatory work under his belt, he’s ready to do it bigger than ever in the new year, and promo single City’s Ours is an appropriately grand prelude to his 2014. Released along with some stylized visuals by Ricky Shabazz, the record finds Zak waxing poetic about his bright future in the hip-hop game, backed by the wailing vocal samples of Hermitude‘s HyperParadise (Flume Remix). This bombastic cut is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted as the artist lifts the curtain on his plans for the next 12 months.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.