After Zak Downtown dropped off Don’t Blow My High back in March, we didn’t hear a peep from him for the rest of 2013. But that doesn’t mean the NYC rhymesayer’s been slacking off in the meantime. Just the opposite: in his own words, he spent the summer and fall “recording mixtape material, shooting videos and starting his first EP.” With that preparatory work under his belt, he’s ready to do it bigger than ever in the new year, and promo single City’s Ours is an appropriately grand prelude to his 2014. Released along with some stylized visuals by Ricky Shabazz, the record finds Zak waxing poetic about his bright future in the hip-hop game, backed by the wailing vocal samples of Hermitude‘s HyperParadise (Flume Remix). This bombastic cut is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted as the artist lifts the curtain on his plans for the next 12 months.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.