After Zak Downtown dropped off Don’t Blow My High back in March, we didn’t hear a peep from him for the rest of 2013. But that doesn’t mean the NYC rhymesayer’s been slacking off in the meantime. Just the opposite: in his own words, he spent the summer and fall “recording mixtape material, shooting videos and starting his first EP.” With that preparatory work under his belt, he’s ready to do it bigger than ever in the new year, and promo single City’s Ours is an appropriately grand prelude to his 2014. Released along with some stylized visuals by Ricky Shabazz, the record finds Zak waxing poetic about his bright future in the hip-hop game, backed by the wailing vocal samples of Hermitude‘s HyperParadise (Flume Remix). This bombastic cut is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted as the artist lifts the curtain on his plans for the next 12 months.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.