The last time we heard from Zak Downtown he was promised to start delivering new tracks on a weekly basis as part of his Always Down August series…hold on, let me check the calendar….yep, looks like it’s August 1, which means the man’s right on schedule with a rap/trap-dance banger and series leadoff single Catch Me. If you can name the tune that opens and closes Catch Me - it’s sung in Portuguese, I know that much - you’re a better man than me, but all you really need to know is that producer Yellow Claw‘s instrumental is a headcrusher of a beat. On the mic Downtown embraces the record’s aggression, declaring that he’s living the rock star life that’s only getting crazier by the day. For more from Zak keep it locked to Always Down August releases leading up to his Always Down Vol. 1 mixtape, arriving on our pages August 29.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Downtown’s Benny Gordo-directed Catch Me visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.