The last time we heard from Zak Downtown he was promised to start delivering new tracks on a weekly basis as part of his Always Down August series…hold on, let me check the calendar….yep, looks like it’s August 1, which means the man’s right on schedule with a rap/trap-dance banger and series leadoff single Catch Me. If you can name the tune that opens and closes Catch Me - it’s sung in Portuguese, I know that much - you’re a better man than me, but all you really need to know is that producer Yellow Claw‘s instrumental is a headcrusher of a beat. On the mic Downtown embraces the record’s aggression, declaring that he’s living the rock star life that’s only getting crazier by the day. For more from Zak keep it locked to Always Down August releases leading up to his Always Down Vol. 1 mixtape, arriving on our pages August 29.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Downtown’s Benny Gordo-directed Catch Me visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock The Show" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.