For independent artists, topical creativity is one of the surest ways to make a national impact (see Jeremih‘s Birthday Sex for a shining example). Judging by the lead single selection off his forthcoming debut LP, MuZACK, Orange County native Zack Soufrine is well aware of that fact. Inspired by the public’s fascination with awards shows, he heads to the spot in search of a Trophy Girl worthy of the most valuable prize he has to offer—himself, of course! A breakout hit also needs high-octane production, preferably by a big name; fortunately, Soul Diggaz and Mo Chedda come through with an instrumental so energetic I dare you not to dance when it comes on in the club! Simply put, Trophy Girl has “smash-hit” written all over it. Stay tuned to the Booth for more from Zack Soufrine (maybe a potential remix with a certain Soul Diggaz protege and DJBooth member?)
Written by Burmy on 03/23/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.