For independent artists, topical creativity is one of the surest ways to make a national impact (see Jeremih‘s Birthday Sex for a shining example). Judging by the lead single selection off his forthcoming debut LP, MuZACK, Orange County native Zack Soufrine is well aware of that fact. Inspired by the public’s fascination with awards shows, he heads to the spot in search of a Trophy Girl worthy of the most valuable prize he has to offer—himself, of course! A breakout hit also needs high-octane production, preferably by a big name; fortunately, Soul Diggaz and Mo Chedda come through with an instrumental so energetic I dare you not to dance when it comes on in the club! Simply put, Trophy Girl has “smash-hit” written all over it. Stay tuned to the Booth for more from Zack Soufrine (maybe a potential remix with a certain Soul Diggaz protege and DJBooth member?)
Written by Burmy on 03/23/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.