For independent artists, topical creativity is one of the surest ways to make a national impact (see Jeremih‘s Birthday Sex for a shining example). Judging by the lead single selection off his forthcoming debut LP, MuZACK, Orange County native Zack Soufrine is well aware of that fact. Inspired by the public’s fascination with awards shows, he heads to the spot in search of a Trophy Girl worthy of the most valuable prize he has to offer—himself, of course! A breakout hit also needs high-octane production, preferably by a big name; fortunately, Soul Diggaz and Mo Chedda come through with an instrumental so energetic I dare you not to dance when it comes on in the club! Simply put, Trophy Girl has “smash-hit” written all over it. Stay tuned to the Booth for more from Zack Soufrine (maybe a potential remix with a certain Soul Diggaz protege and DJBooth member?)
Written by Burmy on 03/23/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.