Ever since Soulja Boy topped the charts with his hit single Crank Dat in the fall of ’07, a whole new subgenre of catchy, mindless “ring tone rap” has begun to infiltrate the Southern hip hop scene. YZ, a rookie artist out of Louisville, doesn’t mind dumbing down his music to make a buck. The title of his new single, I Gotta Dollar, shows that he’s already well on his way. Following Soulja Boy’s lead, the song has already spawned its own “BuckWheat” dance, in tribute to the Little Rascals-inspired hook. Featuring a bridge sung by platinum producer Polow Da Don and a beat by Willy Will, I Gotta Dolla is sure to make an appearance (or twenty) at your local club tonight.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/2/08
Submit your Rating
Zone 4 Ent/Interscope
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.