For months, DJBooth members have voiced their opinion about the declining state of the music industry. One of the complaints heard most often is that while rappers talk a lot of smack, it is hard to truly believe that what they claim to have done is reality. Consumers, however, are not the only listening public who are fed up. St. Louis MC, Yung Will, is among the many artists who is sick of rappers fables and expresses his frustrations on the new song, Stop Frontin’, Stop Lyin’. Over the Dr. Dre-esque production of Beat Masta West, Will (similar to Rock City on Stop Lying) questions the musical direction taken by artists who haven’t ever hurt a fly or made a dime in their life. Stop Frontin’, Stop Lyin’ can be found on Will’s newest mixtape, Spittin’ Envy Vol.1.
Written by DJ Z on 03/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.