For months, DJBooth members have voiced their opinion about the declining state of the music industry. One of the complaints heard most often is that while rappers talk a lot of smack, it is hard to truly believe that what they claim to have done is reality. Consumers, however, are not the only listening public who are fed up. St. Louis MC, Yung Will, is among the many artists who is sick of rappers fables and expresses his frustrations on the new song, Stop Frontin’, Stop Lyin’. Over the Dr. Dre-esque production of Beat Masta West, Will (similar to Rock City on Stop Lying) questions the musical direction taken by artists who haven’t ever hurt a fly or made a dime in their life. Stop Frontin’, Stop Lyin’ can be found on Will’s newest mixtape, Spittin’ Envy Vol.1.
Written by DJ Z on 03/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.