I’m happy to announce that although today’s feature is by an artist who was completely new to me, after just one listen I have elevated the effort to “instant download” in my iTunes. Yung Nate is a quick spitter whose staccato flow fits perfectly on his latest Booth-featured single, Work, which will find itself a home on his forthcoming effort, the 11:04 mixtape. But, in my opinion, what really makes the song stand out is the production from M. Dot, which samples Broadway smash Wicked’s Popular. M. Dot completely paves the soundscape for Nate, and the two mesh incredibly well on the track. Can’t wait for 11:04 to drop in full? Patiently stand by The DJBooth for the latest updates.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)