I’m happy to announce that although today’s feature is by an artist who was completely new to me, after just one listen I have elevated the effort to “instant download” in my iTunes. Yung Nate is a quick spitter whose staccato flow fits perfectly on his latest Booth-featured single, Work, which will find itself a home on his forthcoming effort, the 11:04 mixtape. But, in my opinion, what really makes the song stand out is the production from M. Dot, which samples Broadway smash Wicked’s Popular. M. Dot completely paves the soundscape for Nate, and the two mesh incredibly well on the track. Can’t wait for 11:04 to drop in full? Patiently stand by The DJBooth for the latest updates.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.