I’m happy to announce that although today’s feature is by an artist who was completely new to me, after just one listen I have elevated the effort to “instant download” in my iTunes. Yung Nate is a quick spitter whose staccato flow fits perfectly on his latest Booth-featured single, Work, which will find itself a home on his forthcoming effort, the 11:04 mixtape. But, in my opinion, what really makes the song stand out is the production from M. Dot, which samples Broadway smash Wicked’s Popular. M. Dot completely paves the soundscape for Nate, and the two mesh incredibly well on the track. Can’t wait for 11:04 to drop in full? Patiently stand by The DJBooth for the latest updates.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.