Touring aside, the life of an artist is often a solitary one—and that goes double when the artistic grind requires one to relocate. On Talk to Me, the lead single off his forthcoming mixtape, the Harlem-bred, Los Angeles-residing emcee/singer fills listeners in on his struggles with feelings of isolation, and the power of music to help him through the tough times. Produced and mixed by Woody, this reflective selection is one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Meant to Be Broken, due out October 31 (aka Halloween).
Written by richard on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.