Touring aside, the life of an artist is often a solitary one—and that goes double when the artistic grind requires one to relocate. On Talk to Me, the lead single off his forthcoming mixtape, the Harlem-bred, Los Angeles-residing emcee/singer fills listeners in on his struggles with feelings of isolation, and the power of music to help him through the tough times. Produced and mixed by Woody, this reflective selection is one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on Meant to Be Broken, due out October 31 (aka Halloween).
Written by richard on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.