Thanksgiving is all about appreciating those Little Things that make life worth living – dope Booth debuts, for instance – and Yung Nate has more holiday spirit than most. For his first feature, the Harlem rapper’s teamed up with a fellow underground up-and-comer to bring us a track we can all be thankful for. Centered around drug sales, use and addiction, Nate’s darkly humorous verses may not be appropriate material for dinner-table conversation, but Hitman‘s unique, sampled boardwork (dig the harpsichord!) is so catchy even your grandmother will be nodding along. (OK, maybe not. I’m pretty sure that neither of mine know a dope beat from a sugar beet. Unless they’ve been following my work on DJBooth, in which case, hi Grandma!) Guest emcee Mada brings Things to a strong finish, recounting his “immaculate conception” in a nonchalant sung-rapped flow. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Yung Nate’s The Coldest Winter LP, scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers sometime in winter of next year.
Written by richard on 11/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bout My Business" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.