Thanksgiving is all about appreciating those Little Things that make life worth living – dope Booth debuts, for instance – and Yung Nate has more holiday spirit than most. For his first feature, the Harlem rapper’s teamed up with a fellow underground up-and-comer to bring us a track we can all be thankful for. Centered around drug sales, use and addiction, Nate’s darkly humorous verses may not be appropriate material for dinner-table conversation, but Hitman‘s unique, sampled boardwork (dig the harpsichord!) is so catchy even your grandmother will be nodding along. (OK, maybe not. I’m pretty sure that neither of mine know a dope beat from a sugar beet. Unless they’ve been following my work on DJBooth, in which case, hi Grandma!) Guest emcee Mada brings Things to a strong finish, recounting his “immaculate conception” in a nonchalant sung-rapped flow. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on Yung Nate’s The Coldest Winter LP, scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers sometime in winter of next year.
Listen to More: Yung Nate
Written by richard on 11/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bout My Business" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.