When someone screams at you to put your Hands Up High, there are only two main possibilities: you’re either having a great time listening to some dope music, or you’re being arrested (or mugged). The only question is: do you feel lucky? Do you, punk? Well, you should—Yung Nate‘s latest effort, the inaugural entry in the Harlem buzzmaker’s newly-relaunched #FREEMUSIC campaign, is all about good times. Nokane sets a celebratory mood on the production tip, chopping a sax-laced sample into a driving yet carefree backdrop for his triumphant bars. After the headliner’s finished luxuriating in his successes (and shaking his head at those stuck in the nine-to-five grind: “I ain’t gonna hate, homie that’s your route / Go ahead and write checks, hope they don’t bounce.”), Inglewood representative El Prez grabs the mic to deliver a strong closing 16, rhapsodizing about the pleasures of women, weed and liquor as he explicates his hedonistic life philosophy: “There’s only one way to live, and that’s paid, n*gga.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for more weekly leaks leading up to the arrival of Nate’s forthcoming, yet-unscheduled LP, Meant to be Broken.
Written by richard on 08/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.