When someone screams at you to put your Hands Up High, there are only two main possibilities: you’re either having a great time listening to some dope music, or you’re being arrested (or mugged). The only question is: do you feel lucky? Do you, punk? Well, you should—Yung Nate‘s latest effort, the inaugural entry in the Harlem buzzmaker’s newly-relaunched #FREEMUSIC campaign, is all about good times. Nokane sets a celebratory mood on the production tip, chopping a sax-laced sample into a driving yet carefree backdrop for his triumphant bars. After the headliner’s finished luxuriating in his successes (and shaking his head at those stuck in the nine-to-five grind: “I ain’t gonna hate, homie that’s your route / Go ahead and write checks, hope they don’t bounce.”), Inglewood representative El Prez grabs the mic to deliver a strong closing 16, rhapsodizing about the pleasures of women, weed and liquor as he explicates his hedonistic life philosophy: “There’s only one way to live, and that’s paid, n*gga.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for more weekly leaks leading up to the arrival of Nate’s forthcoming, yet-unscheduled LP, Meant to be Broken.
Written by richard on 08/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.