When someone screams at you to put your Hands Up High, there are only two main possibilities: you’re either having a great time listening to some dope music, or you’re being arrested (or mugged). The only question is: do you feel lucky? Do you, punk? Well, you should—Yung Nate‘s latest effort, the inaugural entry in the Harlem buzzmaker’s newly-relaunched #FREEMUSIC campaign, is all about good times. Nokane sets a celebratory mood on the production tip, chopping a sax-laced sample into a driving yet carefree backdrop for his triumphant bars. After the headliner’s finished luxuriating in his successes (and shaking his head at those stuck in the nine-to-five grind: “I ain’t gonna hate, homie that’s your route / Go ahead and write checks, hope they don’t bounce.”), Inglewood representative El Prez grabs the mic to deliver a strong closing 16, rhapsodizing about the pleasures of women, weed and liquor as he explicates his hedonistic life philosophy: “There’s only one way to live, and that’s paid, n*gga.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for more weekly leaks leading up to the arrival of Nate’s forthcoming, yet-unscheduled LP, Meant to be Broken.
Written by richard on 08/18/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.