To paraphrase both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Yoda, hate does as much damage to the hater as to the object of hatred. Especially if said objects are Yung Nate and El Prez, who could care less what jealous lames think of their music or fly lifestyle. The final release in their #FreeMusic campaign, Hate No More finds Booth-approved beatsmith/artist Woody crafting a lush, piano-driven instrumental to back the DJBooth residents as they talk themselves up and brush off the competition. Prez takes the lead, taunting those who are envious of his hustle (“I know you’re mad at our success, thinkin’ you’re gon’ pop next.”), before passing the mic to his colleague for some sexually-themed trash-talk (“Your girl is on me, pink wine and R&B…”). Whatever non-constructive criticism they’re receiving from other quarters, I doubt that listeners in the Booth will find much to hate here. As always, though, I’ll let y’all have the final say. Those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to plenty more dope material on the twosome’s aptly-titled collaborative street album, scheduled for release February 20.
Written by richard on 02/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)