To paraphrase both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Yoda, hate does as much damage to the hater as to the object of hatred. Especially if said objects are Yung Nate and El Prez, who could care less what jealous lames think of their music or fly lifestyle. The final release in their #FreeMusic campaign, Hate No More finds Booth-approved beatsmith/artist Woody crafting a lush, piano-driven instrumental to back the DJBooth residents as they talk themselves up and brush off the competition. Prez takes the lead, taunting those who are envious of his hustle (“I know you’re mad at our success, thinkin’ you’re gon’ pop next.”), before passing the mic to his colleague for some sexually-themed trash-talk (“Your girl is on me, pink wine and R&B…”). Whatever non-constructive criticism they’re receiving from other quarters, I doubt that listeners in the Booth will find much to hate here. As always, though, I’ll let y’all have the final say. Those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to plenty more dope material on the twosome’s aptly-titled collaborative street album, scheduled for release February 20.
Written by richard on 02/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.