To paraphrase both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Yoda, hate does as much damage to the hater as to the object of hatred. Especially if said objects are Yung Nate and El Prez, who could care less what jealous lames think of their music or fly lifestyle. The final release in their #FreeMusic campaign, Hate No More finds Booth-approved beatsmith/artist Woody crafting a lush, piano-driven instrumental to back the DJBooth residents as they talk themselves up and brush off the competition. Prez takes the lead, taunting those who are envious of his hustle (“I know you’re mad at our success, thinkin’ you’re gon’ pop next.”), before passing the mic to his colleague for some sexually-themed trash-talk (“Your girl is on me, pink wine and R&B…”). Whatever non-constructive criticism they’re receiving from other quarters, I doubt that listeners in the Booth will find much to hate here. As always, though, I’ll let y’all have the final say. Those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to plenty more dope material on the twosome’s aptly-titled collaborative street album, scheduled for release February 20.
Written by richard on 02/8/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.