With so many records that touch on popping bottles in the club, rolling up , or just Chillin you have to admit that the opening line on Yung Nate’s latest record is a bit refreshing. The Harlem-born emcee boldly kicks off his latest song releasing, rapping “Ya’ll just be sittin, chillin, smokin, drinkin/ So much time wasted spending times getting wasted.” With “success on his taste buds” Nate skillfully works his way from verse to verse with help from a catchy, R&B tinged hook. Adding to Chillin’s lax vibe is producer Sig’s fresh production, which consists of a series of drum kicks and even bells. Chillin serves as the third single off of Yung Nate’s 11:04 EP, set for free release on August 20.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.