Earlier this month, I officially broke up with the woman I had been seeing on-and-off for the past three years. In case any of you are wondering “How did she lose such a catch as you?” here’s the shocking truth: she’d been acting cold and indifferent, as well as taking me for granted and badgering me for money. Apparently, Brooklyn rapper Yung Menace has gone through a similar experience: tired of treating her like a treasure while she treats him like trash, he finally decides, “I’m Gonna Leave.” Up-and-coming R&B singer Marc Simpson brings his smooth (though obviously blue) vocals to the record, and Tek Beats looped-piano instrumental fits the rap-sung collabo perfectly. Stir them together, and voila—you’ve got an underground hip-hop heartbreak remedy! If you’re wondering what other tricks Yung Menace has up his sleeve, pick up a copy of Operation Menace July 1st.
Listen to More: Yung Menace
Written by Burmy on 04/28/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)