Earlier this month, I officially broke up with the woman I had been seeing on-and-off for the past three years. In case any of you are wondering “How did she lose such a catch as you?” here’s the shocking truth: she’d been acting cold and indifferent, as well as taking me for granted and badgering me for money. Apparently, Brooklyn rapper Yung Menace has gone through a similar experience: tired of treating her like a treasure while she treats him like trash, he finally decides, “I’m Gonna Leave.” Up-and-coming R&B singer Marc Simpson brings his smooth (though obviously blue) vocals to the record, and Tek Beats looped-piano instrumental fits the rap-sung collabo perfectly. Stir them together, and voila—you’ve got an underground hip-hop heartbreak remedy! If you’re wondering what other tricks Yung Menace has up his sleeve, pick up a copy of Operation Menace July 1st.
Written by Burmy on 04/28/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)