While many applauded Yung Joc for ditching Bad Boy and going the independent, digital-only route with last year’s Grind Flu LP, the album itself met a lukewarm reception from readers; suffice it to say, Mr. Robinson still has a lot to prove in the lead-up to his senior set’s arrival. Will new single Yeah Boy be the cut to finally earn him widespread Booth support? Uh… maybe? I have a feeling haters will find plenty to hate, but those who already count themselves as fans will undoubtedly enjoy this street-certified selection, which finds beatsmith Don Vito mixing sliced-n-diced choral samples, synth-strings and booming bass as Joc spits bar after bar of unapologetically swagger-drenched braggadocio. A representative (and hilarious) sample: “G*ddamnit, I get horny when I see myself / Don’t I look good? Call me black Hugh Hef.” If this song leaves you itching for more bombastic trunk-bangers from Yung Joc, keep it locked for the latest on his Swagg Team/Polo Grounds/J Records debut, Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood, scheduled for release sometime this fall.
Listen to More: Yung Joc
Written by richard on 07/6/10
Swagg Team Ent/Polo Grounds
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.