In order for an upstart rapper to make money in ‘the game,’ every decision needs to be made with an eye towards the future. If millions of dollars are to flood through the doors, a successful cross country and global tour has to be in the works. Preceded of course by a multi-platinum album (with four Top 10 singles,) digital and ring tone sales through the roof and insane radio play on regular play lists and mixshows. A rapper who knows all about such strategies is Yung Joc. As the Atlanta MC prepares for the release of the August 28th bound Hustlenomics, he leaks a second possible single off the album, entitled Play Ya Cards. Produced by Cool & Dre, this ode to sound business decisions is both radio friendly and wise; that is for new comers who are looking to take notes.
Written by DJ Z on 07/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.