In order for an upstart rapper to make money in ‘the game,’ every decision needs to be made with an eye towards the future. If millions of dollars are to flood through the doors, a successful cross country and global tour has to be in the works. Preceded of course by a multi-platinum album (with four Top 10 singles,) digital and ring tone sales through the roof and insane radio play on regular play lists and mixshows. A rapper who knows all about such strategies is Yung Joc. As the Atlanta MC prepares for the release of the August 28th bound Hustlenomics, he leaks a second possible single off the album, entitled Play Ya Cards. Produced by Cool & Dre, this ode to sound business decisions is both radio friendly and wise; that is for new comers who are looking to take notes.
Written by DJ Z on 07/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.