In order for an upstart rapper to make money in ‘the game,’ every decision needs to be made with an eye towards the future. If millions of dollars are to flood through the doors, a successful cross country and global tour has to be in the works. Preceded of course by a multi-platinum album (with four Top 10 singles,) digital and ring tone sales through the roof and insane radio play on regular play lists and mixshows. A rapper who knows all about such strategies is Yung Joc. As the Atlanta MC prepares for the release of the August 28th bound Hustlenomics, he leaks a second possible single off the album, entitled Play Ya Cards. Produced by Cool & Dre, this ode to sound business decisions is both radio friendly and wise; that is for new comers who are looking to take notes.
Written by DJ Z on 07/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.