With mentions in just about every other hip-hop song these days it’s no surprise that Mollie has become the new “it girl” in hip-hop and by “girl” I mean recreational drug. The latest artist to incorporate Ms. Mollie into their rhymes is former Bad Boy rapper Yung Joc, who has been a quite a stranger to the DJBooth over the last 1.5 years (Joc last appeared on our homepage in Jan of ‘11). On Mollie, J.O.C recruits former coveted hook man T-Pain, who warns listeners, “Had to pop a Mollie just so I could do this verse/ Put this on your tongue baby you gon’ feel horny/ You ain’t never had it baby I’mma bless you right.” As for the ATL native, Joc taps into his inner reggae star for part of his first verse on the Cash Clay-produced song, flaunting a Jamaican accent amidst various mentions of “dutty wines” (FYI that is not slang for wine laced with Mollie). As of now this single serves merely as a promotional release while Joc decides on an album title and release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.