With mentions in just about every other hip-hop song these days it’s no surprise that Mollie has become the new “it girl” in hip-hop and by “girl” I mean recreational drug. The latest artist to incorporate Ms. Mollie into their rhymes is former Bad Boy rapper Yung Joc, who has been a quite a stranger to the DJBooth over the last 1.5 years (Joc last appeared on our homepage in Jan of ‘11). On Mollie, J.O.C recruits former coveted hook man T-Pain, who warns listeners, “Had to pop a Mollie just so I could do this verse/ Put this on your tongue baby you gon’ feel horny/ You ain’t never had it baby I’mma bless you right.” As for the ATL native, Joc taps into his inner reggae star for part of his first verse on the Cash Clay-produced song, flaunting a Jamaican accent amidst various mentions of “dutty wines” (FYI that is not slang for wine laced with Mollie). As of now this single serves merely as a promotional release while Joc decides on an album title and release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.