With mentions in just about every other hip-hop song these days it’s no surprise that Mollie has become the new “it girl” in hip-hop and by “girl” I mean recreational drug. The latest artist to incorporate Ms. Mollie into their rhymes is former Bad Boy rapper Yung Joc, who has been a quite a stranger to the DJBooth over the last 1.5 years (Joc last appeared on our homepage in Jan of ‘11). On Mollie, J.O.C recruits former coveted hook man T-Pain, who warns listeners, “Had to pop a Mollie just so I could do this verse/ Put this on your tongue baby you gon’ feel horny/ You ain’t never had it baby I’mma bless you right.” As for the ATL native, Joc taps into his inner reggae star for part of his first verse on the Cash Clay-produced song, flaunting a Jamaican accent amidst various mentions of “dutty wines” (FYI that is not slang for wine laced with Mollie). As of now this single serves merely as a promotional release while Joc decides on an album title and release date.
Swagg Team Ent/Polo Grounds
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!