With mentions in just about every other hip-hop song these days it’s no surprise that Mollie has become the new “it girl” in hip-hop and by “girl” I mean recreational drug. The latest artist to incorporate Ms. Mollie into their rhymes is former Bad Boy rapper Yung Joc, who has been a quite a stranger to the DJBooth over the last 1.5 years (Joc last appeared on our homepage in Jan of ‘11). On Mollie, J.O.C recruits former coveted hook man T-Pain, who warns listeners, “Had to pop a Mollie just so I could do this verse/ Put this on your tongue baby you gon’ feel horny/ You ain’t never had it baby I’mma bless you right.” As for the ATL native, Joc taps into his inner reggae star for part of his first verse on the Cash Clay-produced song, flaunting a Jamaican accent amidst various mentions of “dutty wines” (FYI that is not slang for wine laced with Mollie). As of now this single serves merely as a promotional release while Joc decides on an album title and release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.