Now that he’s one of the better-known rappers in today’s industry, Yung Joc has decided to take his career to the next level; along with Bad Boy South/Atlantic, Joc will release his third album, Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood via his own Swagg Team Entertainment label. On the official lead single, Joc employs a simile-laced flow as he describes exactly what went down after the bedroom door went Wham behind him and a special lady. Slim returns Joc’s So Fly favor by lending his ultra-soft vocals to the hook, and Nitti, the producer who helped Joc hit the big-time with It’s Goin’ Down, provides a music box beat. Though some might complain that the production doesn’t match Joc’s delivery, Wham should nonetheless live up to its name when it comes to chart impact. For more information on the early summer release of Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood, check out Yung Joc’s exclusive interview with our own DJ “Z”, premiering today.
Swagg Team Ent/Polo Grounds
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.