Now that he’s one of the better-known rappers in today’s industry, Yung Joc has decided to take his career to the next level; along with Bad Boy South/Atlantic, Joc will release his third album, Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood via his own Swagg Team Entertainment label. On the official lead single, Joc employs a simile-laced flow as he describes exactly what went down after the bedroom door went Wham behind him and a special lady. Slim returns Joc’s So Fly favor by lending his ultra-soft vocals to the hook, and Nitti, the producer who helped Joc hit the big-time with It’s Goin’ Down, provides a music box beat. Though some might complain that the production doesn’t match Joc’s delivery, Wham should nonetheless live up to its name when it comes to chart impact. For more information on the early summer release of Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood, check out Yung Joc’s exclusive interview with our own DJ “Z”, premiering today.
Written by Burmy on 02/11/09
Swagg Team Ent/Polo Grounds
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy You A Drink (Shawty Snappin')" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.